Monday 30 August 2010

Strange confessions of the Ugandan terror suspects


An alleged bomber breaks down during the Aug. 11 CMI press conference in Kampala. Next to him is CMI head, Brig. James Mugira.
 
On Aug. 11, 2010, the Chief of Military Intelligence (CMI) of the Ugandan army, Brig. James Mugira, called a press conference during which several young Ugandan men confessed to having been the hands that set off the deadly bombings in Kampala on the night of July 11, 2010.

Edrisa Issa Luyima, Haruna Hassan Luyima and Edrisa Nsubuga asked Ugandans for forgiveness and explained their motive for the attacks.

"I am very sorry for the loss of life. I was hesitant to pick on Ugandans. My target was the Americans, who I think are responsible for the suffering in the world. I am very sorry to the people, who knew me," said Issa Luyima, who was described as the mastermind of the bombings.Read More

No comments:

Why cows may be hiding something but AI can spot it

  By Chris Baraniuk Technology of Business reporter Published 22 hours ago Share IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES Image caption, Herd animals like...